In the interest of increased public acceptance of the fogging program, and concern for protecting the honeybee population in the District, Grand River Mosquito Control District adheres to the following protocols:
- Fogging only after dark, after honeybees have all returned to their hives.
- Maintaining up to date ‘No-Spray’ and ‘Call-First” lists of names and addresses of pesticide sensitive residents, beekeepers, and certified-organic farms/orchards, and turning off the fogger pump while passing the no-spray locations.
- Beginning each fogging route in the most rural section of the route and moving toward the more populated areas later in the route.
- Posting the planned fogging areas on the Grand River Mosquito Control District website.
- Notifying the appropriate Homeowners Associations, when requested.
- Carefully watching for pedestrians along the route, and turning off the fogger when pedestrians are sighted.
Please register your property with co.driftwatch.org
, if you have an organic farm, bee hives, or if you are pesticide sensitve. GRMCD will add your property to the 'No Spray' list.